Monday, May 26, 2008

Tornado Devastation

Whoa.
Yesterday a tornado leveled 1/3 of Parkersburg, IA and killed 5 people (plus 2 in New Hartford from the same storm). I spent a lot of time there in my childhood as my aunt and grandmother lived there and my aunt still has family there. My grandma's old house looks to be gone from the aerial shots. The back yard is directly behind the high school that is no longer there. My aunt's old house is gone. Three of my aunt's family's houses are gone. One of the family's houses was destroyed just moments after the family got into the basement. It took their car too. Just east of Parkersburg the Sinclair Elevator was destroyed. The town was evacuated because a very large anhydrous ammonia storage tank was destroyed.
Prayers are needed. Its scary. Its horrible. KWWL covers it HERE.

No comments: